On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
<a...@lomaxdesign.com>wrote:

> At 07:30 AM 7/21/2011, Damon Craig wrote:
>

>> Essen and Kullander:
>>
>>  "At the end of the horizontal section there is an auxiliary electric
>> heater to initialize the burning and also to act as a safety if the heat
>> evolution should get out of control."
>>
>> This is the first mistake: presumption presented as fact. The presumption
>> is that there exists in the device anomalous heat generation.
>>

> Give me a break, he's just reporting there, the claimed function of a part
> of the device.
>
> No. This is the first unobjective statement within the report presenting
hearsay as fact. It's simply poor science probably aggrivated by the fact
that Rossi payed for their junket to Italy.

>  However, I'm not interested in picking these poor guys apart piece by
>> piece, combing every sentence they've written to leverage ridicule. They're
>> going to have enough of this soon enough. They probably already know if
>> they're monitoring anything coming out of Vortex-L.
>>

> By the way, that claim of function has been ridiculed. How can a heater be
> used as a "safety" if heat evolution "gets out of control." But E&K were
> probably just reporting the claim here. After all, this part of their report
> was obviously not based on an observation of what happens during runaway!
>
> They seem to have garbbled something they were told.

Personally, if I saw signs of runaway with this thing, I'd look for the
> nearest exit or object that might shield me from shrapnel.
>
> The "auxiliary electric heater" is used, it appears to be claimed, to
> control the temperature of the reaction chamber when it is operating below
> runaway temperature (i.e, self-maintaining temperature or anything above
> it). By requiring this extra heat, there is then some control of the
> reaction. Rossi also has added cooling power to shut the reaction down,
> apparently. Looks like Defkalion may be planning on using hydrogen pressure
> for control.
>
> Sometime this weekend I may have something closer to a definative answer
on: The control of a large amout of exothermic reaction by a smaller
quantity of heat and if the over unity gain claimed by Rossi is physically
feasible. My aging version of MathCad has not made the job easy.

However, manually changing pressure and water flow is not real time process
control. These are not control methods but would be safety measures. It's
all bogus anyway.