At 02:19 PM 8/1/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
I think there is good evidence for Rossi's claims. I hope that Defkalion soon publishes good evidence for their claims, with more rigorous & professional reports than Rossi and Levi et al. have produced so far. I do not think that any of the arguments against Rossi have merit, especially not the ones that attempt to disprove the 18-hour flowing water test.

What test? What exactly was done, what data was generated?

We have seen how the public demonstrations turned out to have hidden problems, problems that were not immediately obvious, and Rossi and Levi stonewalled, basically, and have yet to even acknowledge the problems, much less address them straight-on. Everything reduces to "You'll see in October!" So, big surprise, Jed, we are waiting till October.

"Disproving" a test that hasn't even been reported in detail is a fool's errand. I've raised a couple of possible problems with the flowing water test, but remember how long it took to get the problems with the boiling water demos straight? And that was with far more data.

As you well know, raising a problem is not any kind of disproof. It's just a problem. At best, something to be addressed. A sober scientist will simply address it. Are there any sober scientists around?

I think so, and I think some have written comments that Krivit reproduced. Krivit himself isn't particularly sober, he gets personally involved. But he did a pretty good job collecting those comments. We could supplement that. On Wikiversity, perhaps, under the Rossi subpage, http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Cold_fusion/Energy_Catalyzer