Am 19.09.2011 22:33, schrieb Joe Catania:
Now you are asking me to take it on faith from you. I find you less convincing than Steorn.
Let me explain. All known rules about electricity and magnetism are compatible with energy conservation. It is therefore impossible to derive an extra energy mathematically, basing on /known/ electromagnetic effects like skin effect.
There must be an energy source.

I dont say that the effect is untrue. If it is true then it is not an electromagnetic effect.
Possibly the Nickel core contains spurious Hydrogen atoms.
Nickel is magnetostrictive. Possibly the AC induces magnetostrictive vibrations in the core or current in microscopic superconductive spots and triggers hydrogen Nickel fusion. The next locical thing to do would be to measure the frequency depency of the effect. Why didnt they do this? Or might they have done? Should I buy the paper? Tell me the price.

Best,

Peter

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Peter Heckert <mailto:peter.heck...@arcor.de>
    *To:* vortex-l@eskimo.com <mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Monday, September 19, 2011 4:29 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Vo]:Debunking Steorn Orbo

    Am 19.09.2011 22:22, schrieb Joe Catania:
    I'm not going to take it on faith about the AC power being less
    than DC. I've done these types of calculations before and I can
    tell you they are not simple.
    It is simple. The simplest way to calculate such problems is to
    use the law of enery conservation ;-)
    A sawtooth wave can generate some extremely high harmonics which
    have a large skin effect. I'd need to see the formula used to
    evaluate them.
    ;-)