From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 19, 2011 1:35 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Is Rossi's 1MW demo supposed to output "steam", or just hot
water under 100 C?

Robert Lynn wrote:
> Actually pretty easy, just parallel together 3-4 truck radiators or 10
 car radiators (quite cheap) with standard cooling fans on them and
 pump water around with an open header tank.
Wow. You are right. A large truck produces 425 hp, which is 316 kW. It
akes a lot more than that in thermal power. I did not realize trucks
re so powerful. I do not know efficient truck radiators are but that
ounds like it would work.
The water in the tank would end up getting very hot. That can be
ccounted for.
The calorimetry is not as challenging as I though. I have no experience
easuring such large amounts of heat, and no idea how it is done, but
'm sure there are many experts who know.