I wrote:

> I guess you would do this as flow calorimetry where the inlet temperature
> keeps rising. It is not generally a good idea let the inlet temperature
> fluctuate, but in this case I guess you have to live with that.

I should point out that Dennis has in mind using the temperature of the
water in the swimming pool, rather than the flow Delta T.

That seems tricky to me because the test will run for many hours and it is
difficult to establish how much heat is lost from the swimming pool. You
have to do a calibration with the giant heater.

You could do both methods. You should.

To do flow calorimetry, I suppose you would have to trust the manufacturer's
faceplate rating for the large pump. That must be an approximate number. I
have seen large gasoline-powered pumps used to drain houses after floods.
They are impressive. I doubt that the rating is precise.