>"The self sustaining mode as demonstrated basically is just a
quasi exponentially damped energy source that cools down at its >internally
determined rate.  It must be reheated to operational temperature.  He once
talked of using a duty cycle of power input >followed by zero power input
to keep it alive for extended times."

Thanks Dave.
I agree that the self sustaining mode follows some sort of damped curve and
eventually goes below self-sustain threshold.  However, I doubt this is due
to a temperature tall and then reaheating can reset the reaction.  If this
was the case than simply varying water flow should keep the temperature
high and the reaction continuous.    It is hard to understand how if the
ecat produces a high density of heat energy while running, letting it fall
below some heat threshold and then reheating makes sense.  That suggests
that one "heat" is different in some way from the other "heat".