> You seem to be suggesting that there is something fundamentally different
> about Rossi's Ni nanopowder compared to the nanopowder cells of Arata and
> Miles, or the Ni cells of Patterson or Piantelli. I do not see any gigantic
> differences. The claims seem mutually supportive to me, and to Fleischmann.
> He was the first to propose the use of Ni instead of Pd, as I recall, so he
> get some credit for this branch of the research.

What I am suggesting is that the evidence for Rossi's claims is scant and
his *modus operandi *is suspicious.  I don't know the details of the other
claims.  Rossi claims a secret sauce catalyst.  That seems unlikely to
work.  I may have missed it (it's not my field) but I don't know of any
proven and properly tested and documented catalysts that facilitate fusion
or any other nuclear reaction.    Do the other claims involve catalysts?
* *

> I do not understand why you respond to this with sarcasm, or why you think
> the people who express carefully considered, well-informed technical views
> are "irresponsible and foolish." You seem to have a vendetta against Rossi,
> similar to Mr. Krivit's. You give the impression that you think anyone who
> proposes a technical reason in support of Rossi's claims is being
> irresponsible and foolish. I suggest you cool it.

I get frustrated with Rossi's shenanigans which is why I get sarcastic.
I'll try to tone it down but a lot of what he does is funny if you look at
it a certain way.  I have no vendetta and I'd be delighted if Rossi would
prove his point.  The problem is that he could do it easily in a number of
different ways.  His nose has been repeatedly rubbed in that issue and he
simply won't do it.  Then he apparently commissions two total fools to do
his web site (talk about "clowns"!) and he writes strange things like this
claim:

*Helmut H.
November 12th, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Dear Ing. Rossi,

as far as i know, you haven’t received Patents for the US and other markets
yet. Isn’t there a big danger, that single E-Cats of your sold 1MW-unit are
reverse engineered?

==================

Andrea Rossi
November 12th, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Dear Helmut H.
With the 1 MW plants the reverse engineering is impossible. We have put
very strong barriers.
Warm Regards,
A.R.*

(from his blog)   http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=510#comments

Strong barriers?  What do you think those could be and how would they
work?  Are they going to harm people?   How could he get away with anything
that remotely could?

Such statements, and there have been plenty of them, degrade any residual
credibility Rossi has.  So does his association with Hank Mills and
Sterling Allan who have virtually never met a scam or scammer they wouldn't
publicize.  If anyone doubts that, I'm happy to repost the evidence for
that statement.