Sean True <sean.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

Customers exchange money for something that meets a current need. That
> can be a need to use a device, a need to gain access to technology
> early, or even a need to do some good. But in any case, there is a
> contract (implicit or explicit) for an exchange of values. The process
> of purchase is relatively rational, and relatively reversible. . . .

. . .  selling large industrial equipment to a
> knowledgeable customer with a large legal department, in the hope of
> then selling them another one in three months is a scammers nightmare.
>

> . . . Investors exchange money for an unknown future return. Business plans
> typically change radically as they encounter reality, unknown unknowns
> dominate the landscape. Decisions to invest are often irrational,
> emotional, and have less to do with physics than with hope. . . .

This is a sharp analysis. I agree completely.

I've been down this road (smaller scale, less impact on the world, to
> put it mildly) -- he's doing _exactly_ what I would do if I had the
> idea, the technology, and the courage.

Me too.

If I were Rossi, I would be scrambling to try to get a patent. He may be
doing this.

> Mind you, I think I would spell better, have a cooler website, have
> better PR, and be a little more precise in my business language.

Well, you are a native speaker of English.

But I'm not the guy who has the problem.

Exactly.