On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM, <peter.heck...@arcor.de> wrote:

> Many universities and prominent institutes make experiments with metal
> powder and hydrogen.
> The Max Planck Institute for example examines the heat storge capacity at
> 400° for such arrangements.
> They also mill powder in ball mills in hydrogen athmossphere to research
> the hydrogen storage capacity.
> Many others do similar experiments and research.
> They try all tricks possible to optimize the effects. Anomalous energy is
> not reported.
> They have probly tried any arrangements one could think about.
> So I think, all chemicals can been excluded as a catalyst.

In my experience, in most cases one will not find what one is not looking
for. That is, only seldom are we able to get beyond our goals and
objectives and see all the possible implications of the experiment we are
running. Said another way, if it does not perform as we hoped, we call it
trash. If they are looking for hydrogen storage, that's what they are
looking for, not heat production. Unexpected results will be treated as an
error, a fluke, a bad data point.

I remember a graduate student in a group in which I was a postdoc, crying
(crying!) over a series of IR spectra that resulted from her latest series
of experiments, saying "I will never graduate, this system just does not
work, everything just turns to crap". I looked it over and told her to go
show them to the prof. "He's going to hug you for these". It was not crap
at all, the reaction was not stopping where supposed but continuing in an
unexpected and new way forming new species until that point never observed.
In other words, a discovery (published on the Journal of the American
Chemical Society) instead of a third decimal quantification of a known
phenomenon (to be published at most in a small journal). But it was going
to be tossed out as crap.

Marcello Vitale
via Cavallotti 5, 20093 Cologno Monzese, MI, ITALY
phone: +39 338 484 9724
skype: marcello_vitale_UK
email: mvit...@ucsbalum.net