yes, we recognized it upon seeing the graphs. But:
i) I was not mentoring that student, so I did not have a reason to look at
those graphs
ii) the professor would have gotten only a weekly report saying: "reaction
attempted on xxx failed"
that's how the world works, folks.

As far as the simplicity of Ni-H or similar: anything is obvious when it
becomes obvious.

--
Marcello Vitale
via Cavallotti 5, 20093 Cologno Monzese, MI, ITALY