If Rossi did use three cores (assuming he didn't before):
The energy output may increase, but we'd still still be without any method to
acually measure it, because of his calorimetry.
The energy consumed would have tripled, too, with a zero-net-gain possibility
still on the table.

The October 6th test only needed proper calorimetry by independent observers.
That's it.  I seriously question Rossi's claims because this should be easy to
demonstrate. They appear to be intentionally convoluted. Furthermore, his
history should give us pause, and ample justification for caution.

His efforts with biodiesel (Petroldragon) and thermoelectric generation (LTI)
were both instances of taking real science, and claiming breakthroughs,
sometimes orders-of-magnitude better, than everyone else. Keep this in mind.
It is not much different than taking a few watts claimed by Piantelli, and
claiming thousands. P&F have NOTHING to do with my skeptical view of Rossi.
Rossi and his weak demonstrations have everything to do with it.

I sincerely hope than Ni-H will match the claims the aggressive claims that
have been made.  It would create a new industrial revolution, where cheap
energy makes desalinization, industrial farming, and so much more, possible.

The evidence just isn't there for Rossi's claims.