About Rossi judicial status re: Petroldragon, he was only convicted of the
financial stuff, as Jed said, and that was because he tried to keep the
company going by cooking the books to get loans when things were going
badly. He was found not guilty of the toxic waste trafficking stuff.

Indeed, that is what stopped him. He was buying what was defined as an
industrial byproduct, the spent lubricant that was, until then, simply
burned without much concern. Then, the law changed and it became toxic
waste. Immediately, somebody who did not like him or his business accused
him of trafficking in toxic waste without permits. He had a couple of old
refineries full of it, hard to hide. At the same time, he could not dispose
of it in any other way thatn dumping it in a regulated dump!!!! That was
the only legal disposal method available after the law change. His mistake,
at that point, was to cook the books, as I said, instead of cutting his
losses by moving to Australia or something.

Alternatively, he should have run for Prime Minister.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Charles Hope <lookslikeiwasri...@gmail.com

--
Marcello Vitale
via Cavallotti 5, 20093 Cologno Monzese, MI, ITALY