One problem with this statement by Rossi that 18 kg hydrogen and 10 kg nickel is required for a 180 day charge for 1 MW, is that it is inconsistent with the gammas observed (i.e. not observed.) See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg53616.html

The non-transmuted Ni could of course be recycled in a fully developed E-cat economy, and the hydrogen cost is inconsequential because it can be made from water using E-cat generated electrical power. The main problem is the inconsistency between statements and observations. The 1 MW (or less) test produced no gammas. This would be impossible, given Rossi's statements with regards to the reactions involved, even if he used 5 cm lead shielding.

Other questions arise as to the radiation hazard, or lack thereof:

http://www.rossilivecat.com/

Charlie Zimmerman
November 28th, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Dear Mr. Rossi,
I was interested in your comments regarding intentionally causing explosions of the device during safety testing. I had previously understood that short half lived radioactive isotopes of Copper and Nickel were rapidly decaying within the device and that this radioactivity was shielded. But, during an explosive event, the radioactive isotopes would be exposed to the environment without shielding before they would have a chance to decay.

1) Are there short lived radioactive isotopes as in your patent and paper published here?
2) Do those radioactive isotopes escape during an explosion?
3) Are you taking proper precautions yourself against such dangers?

A concerned fan,
Charlie Zimmerman

Andrea Rossi
November 28th, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Dear Charlie Zimmerman:

I confirm that no radiations above the background in relevant measure have been found in the controlled explosive tests. I cannot enter in particulars, because I cannot give information regarding what happens in the reactors.

Warm Regards,
A.R.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner