Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 This is exhausting. You're going to blindly believe any evidence
> supporting your conclusion . . .

Well, two different methods give approximately the same answer is better
than zero methods that you can cite.

> Rossi is using a herringbone liquid counterflow heat exchanger. It is
> meant for recovery of heat between two liquids.

Yup. Most of the heat transfers to the liquids. Not the metal shell around
it. Something above 90% as I recall. That leaves only 10% for parasitic
paths.

Even without phase change, it is difficult to produce point-specific
> analysis.

Probably true, but the thermocouple is a good distance from the herringbone
heat exchanger channels, so I don't see why you are concerned about them.

> If any of the power available at the steam input is not immediately
> whisked away, it will necessarily heat up its environment (the manifold).

Yes, of course. Wasn't it 95% efficient? So 5% escapes. Most of it radiates
from the insulation. No doubt some of it  conducts along the pipe and
reaches the thermocouple. Not much though.