Jed,
My assessment was based on what I found on the web about some of the
factual evidence as the existence of the Police Academy, industrial
buildings near by, local newspaper article and so on.
The article also mentioned the intention of the company to hire scientists
and other personnel. Defkalion website has a page about hiring that says
they will keep people posted on hiring opportunities. But not active hiring
is happening at least online.

All the other statements you make are based on your witness's report to
you. I want to give the benefit of doubt to that but I don't consider it
factual evidence at this point.

What is damn frustrating about all this is how certain pieces of the puzzle
fit together and other seem not to make sense at all.

Giovanni