The grid of the future is no grid (existing grid will transistion to a hot
backup for some time)

Distributed power systems will prevail long term since fuel and electrical
distribution/transmission costs & upkeep go towards zero $ and a
distributed system is much safer during war , solar flares, etc.
Distributed LENR systems  will provide local CHP which is a big
plus.Equipment will be taxed, capitalized & depriciated.