don't forget the neutrino, that take away the half spin and the leptonic
number.

this reaction happens in some condition.

people interested in WL should read ALL their papers and slides, because
many critics here and on nextbigfuture are addressed.
the slides refers to many recognized resulst showing that proposed SPP,
proton entanglement, betadelayed alpha,...

about why LENR should not apear in many materials, it seems their arguments
is that it need coherents protons that you can only find at the surface of
hydrides, and linked to graphene... place where they present LENR proofs.

also in NBF they argumet against proposed transmutation, but they seems not
to have read the larsen slides, and mills experiments.
the 5 peak mass spectroscopy is an argument for neutrons absorption, and
not fusion.
the experiments where LENR are triggered by IR laser talk for surface,
quantum and SPP origine

about neutrons ability to be absorbed, it is because those neutrons have a
wide wave function covering many nucleus, since they are entangled
population of neutrons created from entangled protons and electrons...

of course it is not evident, might be wrong, but once you F&P effects, and
also suppressed results from previous experiments since 19th century (xray
tube with H2 transmutation, oil arcing, coke factory N isotopic anomaly) ,
it became one of the possible theory, no less credible than other...

about semiclassic approximation, be carefull because it can kill the key
element behind the phenomemon, which is surely based on :
- surface
- local electromagnetic effects
- quantum entanglement
- no classic fusion

for me the only other candidate agains WL are similar theory based on
protons directly or indirectly merging with nucleus around.

the miracle of nogamma is also a big problem, because the wide spectrum of
condition for LENR (different metal, gaz, graphene, ), where no dangerous
gamma is produced, call for a generic mechanisme, not to a lucky branching
ratio...

WL propose one with gamma screening, maybe there is another similar ... but
there is such a mechanism.

the WL transparents are really a must to read, because it gives constraints
to what can be the solutions.

maybe WL is wrong, but the solution is constraint to be similar, according
to experimental results.