why need capture of neutrino, they don't talk of capture, but like you say
of emission...

except the energy, nothing is lost.
as usual if one of the particle is very energetic/heavy, it solve the
equation

about the needed energy scale, far from the thermal level, the key factor
is group behavior.

they cite an old experiment with x-ray cannon, filled with H2 gaz, showing
transmutation.
Einstein seems to have worked on the subject and proposed it should be
collective quantum effect of electrons, overriding weak interaction
potential...

of course there are holes in W-L, but not yet  any "impossible!"...
just some "how?"