Jarold McWilliams <oldja...@hotmail.com> wrote:

If we decide to get rid of nuclear and coal in favor of wind and solar, a
> millions of  people will die of starvation. Our GDP would decrease by half.

This is nonsense. Five states in the U.S. alone have more potential wind
energy than the energy from all the oil pumped in the Middle East. It can
be converted to liquid fuel, and we could use it to put OPEC out of
business. The solar energy from a small section of the desert in Nevada
could also outproduce the Middle East, or generate all of the power in the
U.S., if we can find a way to store it.