*Putting aside the long term perspective, nuclear power is uniquely
disastrous from an economic and business point of view. No other source of
energy could conceivably cause so much damage in a single accident, or cost
even a small fraction as much money. As I said, this accident bankrupted
the world's largest power company and effectively destroyed the houses,
towns, bridges and livelihood of  90,000 to 150,000 people in 5,000 square
miles of land.*

You can’t dismiss the long term perspective. What happens in the future is
important.

Your value system is completely opposite to what it should be on this
issue; let me explain.

In economic theory, *moral hazard* is a tendency to take undue risks
because the costs are not borne by the party taking the risk. The term
defines a situation where the behavior of one party may change to the
detriment of another after a transaction has taken place.

Without moral hazard, there is no way for a party to be motivated to change
his behavior, improve his design, or pay for any damage caused.

Paying for damage caused is a great economic principle.

Without moral hazard, somebody else pays for your damage. You take your
profits to the bank and will increase your damage causing behavior to make
more profit.

Lack of moral hazard caused the global financial meltdown and that
financial system has not yet been fixed.

Lack of moral hazard is causing global warming since someone else will pay
to move the cities up into the hills, not the producers of fossil fuels.

Restoring the concept and practice of moral hazard will save this world,
without it we are screwed so whatever you do or say, don’t put it down.