http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_M._Weinberg

I looked up the name of the guy who I referred to as the father of the
light water reactor.

Following in the tragedy and tradition of J. Robert Oppenheimer, a giant of
nuclear enegineering, Alvin M. Weinberg was crushed under the heal of
the plutonium madness at the beginning of the nuclear age were safty takes
a backseat to plutonium production.

IMHO, it is this plutonium madness of the cold war that is the primal seed
of the Fukushima disaster.