I believe that the design of the Fukushima reactors were Pre-Three Mile
Island.

I found this resent post on “The Nuclear Green Revolution” website. This
story provides eyewitness on the scene details about the politics involved
during the early days of Light Water Reactor development. This story give
insight why the design of the Fukushima reactors were flawed in terms of
safety.

It is a story of human folly on the level of tragedy.

http://nucleargreen.blogspot.com/2012/03/brief-history-of-light-water-reacto-to.html