Hi,
[snip]
>I think the problem can be addressed by putting emergency generators far
>above the waterline, perhaps in the second story of the reactor building.

I suggest building the entire reactor on the sea floor off shore. That way there
would never be a shortage of cooling water, even if all electrical systems
failed completely and permanently, provided of course that the design used
gravity feed for the cooling water. If the reactor was far enough off shore, and
deep enough, then tsunamis would go right over it, making little impact.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk