*Yes. Right. We got it. However there are none available at present.
Right? So why blame this particular design? Any currently available reactor
would have failed in this accident.*
**
**
**
The design of such a reactor was deminstated back in 1969.

FYI,  the NRC will not license a reactor that is not based on a Light Water
Reactor design.

This killed the original 2008 self-regulating, uranium hydride reactor.

>From Wikipedia

Hydrogen Moderated Self-regulating Nuclear Power Module

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_Moderated_Self-regulating_Nuclear_Power_Module