Jojo,

Maybe, maybe not.
Count me in the doubter's camp.
As I tried to explain: 400++ degC is a domain where recrystallization occurs.
this is not your comfortable home-temperature.

See 'the laws of recrystallization', subtopic  -- Laws of recrystallization --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recrystallization_(metallurgy)

It is ONE thing to question ONE law, but a different thing to question quite a
bunch of them simultaneously,.

As an engineer with some philosophical leanings (quite rare) I tell You that I
am not quite ready to put Rossi into the alltime hall of fame of the  likes of
Plato, Aristoteles or Einstein.
My guess is, that he is more like a Karl May character, who pretended to have
visited distant lands, without ever experiencing them, or messing things up,
doing a disservice to us all.

Sorry.
Guenter