Of course there will be many predictions of these programs that at least
temporally come true.  I recall the time after Katrina when it was stated that
they indicated that there would be many more dangerous hurricanes to hit the
USA, but that turned out to be wrong.  I guess that if we wait long enough this
will happen some day.

If you want to be considered a profit, make a million predictions and then
forget about the 990,000 that do not happen while you concentrate upon the few
that do.  This is what I see as happening with regard to these programs.  And,
in any case, a curve fit projection has a modest amount of future accuracy.   I
predict that the world is on a warming path and that there will a major
earthquake within the next 20 years.  A volcano will erupt that caused air
traffic problems in the next 10 years.  I could go on, but I think you can see
my point.

For many years the guys running the programs did not even consider ocean
currents as important.  How many additional major processes of nature are left
out due to lack of knowledge?

I suspect that a lot of the damage done by "Climategate" was due to the rest of
us being able to see the dirty laundry of the climatologists.  They are human
but pretend to be among the Gods which is beyond their abilities.

The statements of Gore and others that the science is settled truly angers me.
They have an economic or political agenda and do not want the real facts to
emerge.  As a science minded person, I find such a statement appalling.

I could go on for a long time exposing pseudoscience of this nature, but enough
for now.  It ceases to be real science as soon as it refuses to be challenged.

Dave