These guys don't write things down, they use videos and interviews to
communicate, this makes research difficult.
 I was under the impression that the coil is always active and is not
switched off and on.

J Rohner uses, Scandium at the tip of his anode for some reason. He also
uses four cathodes ( cut down spark plugs) at 110,000 volts each. He says
they add up to 440,000 V total. I don't understand how this addition of
voltage is figured.

Cheers:   Axil