On 2012-08-18 01:11, Axil Axil wrote:
The hot fusion people and the nuclear physicist crowd will not believe
that LENR is real unless they see lots of neutrons; this is a good
political type experiment.

I have to bring some potentially bad news. I've just been told that this Ti-D neutron claim is for a hot fusion reaction based on fractofusion that was discovered and replicated years ago. See the following bibliography (I'm copying and pasting from a private email, I haven't found these for myself):

1. Menlove, H.O., et al. Reproducible neutron emission measurements from Ti metal in
pressurized D2 gas. in Anomalous Nuclear Effects in Deuterium/Solid Systems, "AIP
Conference Proceedings 228". 1990. Brigham Young Univ., Provo, UT: American
Institute of Physics, New York. p. 287.

2. Menlove, H.O. High-sensitivity measurements of neutron emission from Ti
metal in pressurized D2 gas. in The First Annual Conference on Cold Fusion.
1990. University of Utah Research Park, Salt Lake City, Utah: National Cold
Fusion Institute. p. 250.

3. Menlove, H.O. and M.C. Miller, Neutron-burst detectors for cold-fusion
experiments. Nucl. Instr. Methods Phys. Res. A, 1990. 299: p. 10.

4. Menlove, H.O., et al., Measurement of neutron emission from Ti and Pd in
pressurized D2 gas and D2O electrolysis cells. J. Fusion Energy, 1990. 9(4): p.
495.

5. Menlove, H.O., et al., The measurement of neutron emission from Ti plus D2
gas. J. Fusion Energy, 1990. 9: p. 215.

6. Mengoli, G., et al. Tritium and neutron emission in conventional and contact glow
discharge electrolysis of D2O at Pd and Ti cathodes. in Second Annual Conference on Cold
Fusion, "The Science of Cold Fusion". 1991. Como, Italy: Societa Italiana di
Fisica, Bologna, Italy. p. 65.

7. Seeliger, D., et al. Evidence of neutron emission from a titanium deuterium system. in
Second Annual Conference on Cold Fusion, "The Science of Cold Fusion". 1991.
Como, Italy: Societa Italiana di Fisica, Bologna, Italy. p. 175.

Is this really related to LENR? Why and how was it presented during ICCF-17?

Cheers,
S.A.