Harry, I think that conventional or classical physics is just wrong, because it
just assumes gravity without explaining it. In real physics we cannot just
assume such things, as giovanni mentioned. If you hold two 10 kg hand weights
stationary with straight hands in horizontal orientation, then conventional
physics says that you are not doing any work, but I would say that your muscles
are burning more oxygen than your blood vessels can supply. Refrigerator magnet
does exactly the same work as your muscles are doing, when they are fighting
against the gravity.

Terry, of course Magnets will wear down, because they are imperfect. However
neodyme magnets are very resilient and I would say that produced energy exceeds
by far the energy required to make the magnet in the first place. I would say
by factor of 1000 or more. And if system is cooled to near absolute zero, the
factor should be many orders of magnitude larger.

I was also pondering that could this magnetic motor be sustained with
electromagnets, but I thought that it would not be very likely that it would
produce OU. However permanent magnets are more interesting because in ideal
case they do not lose magnetism when they are doing work. This ideal case
should be good enough theoretical proof that perpetual motion machine is
possible in principle.

Giovanni, I think that fixed electron orbitals can be explained and understood
with probabilistic interpretation of QM. This can give also sound philosophical
explanation.

―Jouni