No quantum mechanics doesn't explain why the electron doesn't emit, it just
states that that is the case for certain fixed orbits.
Some "explanations" invoke the wave nature of the electrons and state that
the orbitals are stationary states similar to standing waves in a pipe.
It is an heuristic explanation but again not really getting rid of the main
paradox.

You need some exotic explanation and there is an abundance of them in any
area of science. But none of them is accepted as the standard.

About why holding a weight in your hand is making your tired even if you
are in principle not doing work is not a real mystery.
What happens is that your muscles are like springs and they are
getting stretched by the weight. When they are stretched beyond a point the
muscle pulls back and then relaxes, this over and over again and this
oscillatory motion does indeed work.

It is usually not explained in physics classes to keep things simple.

Giovanni