From: James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Sep 5, 2012 2:19 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Perpetual motion machine

OK since no arithmetic seems plausible, what about actually obtaining the
device in question and running the obvious test:  Let it run for a very very
long time?

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

An easy test to prove that the energy is not stored in the top magnet is to
hold the device while it slowly rotates in your hand.  Locate the point where
the torque is minimum and let it go.  Be careful to ensure that the upper
magnet is not at the top of the fixture at the release point.

I expect that the device will rotate at a very slow rate under my test
condition.  Eventually it will cease to move.  If it accelerates as in the test
video then perhaps it is a perpetual motion machine.

Dave