At 11:46 PM 9/5/2012, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
Hi,
[snip]

I'm not sure whether or not it represents stored energy, but if you multiply the MGO of a magnet by it's volume, you get a number of Joules (it's not much BTW).

How much? If we dissolved magnetic material in an acid, compared with dissolving the same weight of the magnet material, unmagnetized, same other conditions, could we measure a temperature increase for the dissolved magnetized material vs. the dissolved non-magnetized material? I do assume the energy would end up as heat. If it's a reasonable amount of heat, this would make a nice science fair project.