Stored energy in magnetic field for neodymium magnet is around 40-50 MGOe.
As one MGOe is 7960 J / m³, this means that energy stored in 1 cm³
neodymium magnet is 360 millijoules. That is, it is negligible for all
practical purposes and certainly this field energy is not the source why
permanent magnets can do work.

—Jouni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oersted