I remind the interview of Defkalion CTO saying that they initially tested
many possibilities, and first Heat only,  pressure and shocks, but that it
was unreliable, so they abandon it to their polarized plasma method...

Reading that and Rossi claims I got to imagine that Rossi might have found
a secret trick, and was also controlling the reactor more slowly... But
with Rossi, who knows.
He have no credibility capital to keep.

The comment of Hydrofusion about tools, is terrible... that is clear
accusation of fraud, with evidence.

And yes, it is not a problem, research should be funded especially if it
does not work well...

Research is not there to find what is easy. It seems our science
administrator and funders have forgotten that principle.