It there is anything to the claim of excess heat, SJ will probably find it.

From: David Roberson

Does this device operate with standard tap water that has impurities?  The
mention of an RF resonator in the video has interesting implications if this
device actually works.  The spherical shape of the unit suggests that it
would have resonances at radio frequencies within and some might be closely
coupled to the water molecules or atoms to which they are composed.  The
heating energy must arise from some mechanism since the device appears to
warm up at a rate that far exceeds the possible output power of the 9 volt
battery.

My opinion is that there is some kind of trick being displayed here although
there is no proof.  Perhaps the 'water' is not really water but some mixture
that self heats when triggered by the battery input.  The invention needs to
be tested with fresh water applied and controlled by the experimenter
without interference of the inventor.  This test should be run several times
in a row to ensure that the metal enclosure does not contribute to the
heating as well.  I would further carefully measure the time required to
heat the fresh tap water during each warm up period to ensure that this is
the same while using fresh batteries for each run.

One can never be positive that a demonstration such as this is not a magic
trick since there are many ways to confuse people.  I guess that Rossi has
determined that the only way to prove his ECAT to the world is to sell them
and he might be correct is that assumption.  This device might be another
case where that concept is valid.

Dave