From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Steven Jones: Excess heat is real, but probably not nuclear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTV85J2QHj0&feature=plcp

contrast this one with theThrapp video as it is a bit more believable – there
are differences andsimilarities – however, can there be any doubt that geometry
andresonance are involved as much, or more so than Ohmic heating or
directwater-splitting?

Dave,

You are exactly right – the video is suspicious, and thatsuspicion is not
mitigated by the inventor’s demeanor, nor the fact thathe is supposedly a
Christian minister. But I prefer this Thrapp scenario - tothe Rossi’s
credentials anytime.

The biggest problem with Thrapp/Davey is that here we are 4 yearslater and
there is no commercial unit, BUT this situation is little differentto Rossi’s
delay - since AR claimed to be in full production over a yearago.

I would not even have mentioned Thrapp - had not the Davey device,with its
undeniable similarity, been investigated by Steven Jones with whatappear to be
positive results.

It there is anything to the claim of excess heat, SJ will probablyfind it.

From:David Roberson

Does this device operate with standard tap water that hasimpurities?  The
mention of an RF resonator in the video has interestingimplications if this
device actually works.  The spherical shape of theunit suggests that it would
have resonances at radio frequencies within andsome might be closely coupled to
the water molecules or atoms to which they arecomposed.  The heating energy
must arise from some mechanism since thedevice appears to warm up at a rate
that far exceeds the possible output powerof the 9 volt battery.

My opinion is that there is some kind of trick being displayedhere although
there is no proof.  Perhaps the 'water' is not really waterbut some mixture
that self heats when triggered by the battery input.  Theinvention needs to be
tested with fresh water applied and controlled by theexperimenter without
interference of the inventor.  This test should berun several times in a row to
ensure that the metal enclosure does notcontribute to the heating as well.  I
would further carefully measure thetime required to heat the fresh tap water
during each warm up period to ensurethat this is the same while using fresh
batteries for each run.

One can never be positive that a demonstration such as this is nota magic trick
since there are many ways to confuse people.  I guess thatRossi has determined
that the only way to prove his ECAT to the world is tosell them and he might be
correct is that assumption.  This device mightbe another case where that
concept is valid.

Dave

-----OriginalMessage-----
From: Jones Beene

Actually, I think that this is one of the better slide presentations out
there this year - in the entire field - despite a few controversial
statements and being in need of massive editing. Hats off to Steven Jones to
support the Davey device, even though that inventor was nutty - and the
prior claims were heavy on anecdote. Both the Davey and Timothy Thrapp
spherical hot water heaters have been demonstrated to be way overunity, and
operate on what could be a similar principal, and also are the product of
inventors who are their own worst enemies. Both tried to hide the role of
nickel alloys, but there is also a geometry factor is the sphere or
hemisphere, along with recombination (chemical asymmetry). Here is a Thrapp
video, and you can probably see note that this inventor suffers from the
same Messiah complex as Joseph Newman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06iCfowinUM