Hi,
[snip]
>Thinking of acoustics....If the hemispheres are very accurately machined then
>any ultrasonic excitement of the surface that is symmetrical will form waves
>that collide at the center of the device.  Very large pressure will be
>generated similar to the collapse of a bubble.  I know of a fingerprint
>reading technique that uses a partial half sphere emitter of ultrasonic
>energy.  This allows reading of the finger shape very accurately even through
>rubber gloves since the energy is focused to a tiny point.

This is not a bad idea. The speed of sound in water is about 1500 m/s. A 5 mm
separation distance would imply a wavelength of 5 mm, which in turn implies a
frequency of about 350 kHz, which is certainly in the ballpark.

>Maybe the extreme pressure can lead to a form of LENR that generates excess
>heating in water.
>

>I wonder whether the effect is due to ultrasonic or RF activation.  A
>'resonator' could apply to both and the frequencies used for ultrasonic
>generation are within the RF range.
>

>I also would assume that the structure has an RF resonance, but it would
>definitely posses an ultrasonic one.  If the Q of the ultrasonic resonator is
>high, then standing waves would form within the structure.  A moderate amount
>of drive energy could result in a far larger amount of stored energy in this
>configuration.  Perhaps this type of system would behave as a cavitation
>generator on steroids.

Especially if the RF resonant frequency matched the ultrasonic one? (Tunable
with a variable inductance coil in the RF circuit.)

Years ago I suggested that sono-fusion might be mediated by Hydrinos created in
the plasma at the heart of the bubble by the action of O++ as a Mills catalyst.
Mills has recently suggested (CIHT) that "nascent" H2O could also function as a
catalyst. (Single water molecules catalyze, where molecules bound by Hydrogen
bonds in a liquid water don't.) The high temperatures found in the bubbles would
be more than sufficient to vaporize some of the liquid water, creating
individual molecules, and also some free H atoms for them to catalyze.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk