Scientifically you are perfectly right, and i learned much about that
counter intuitive fact.

however we are not in a lab but in an open air psychiatric hospital.

the problem is not to convince scientists, but to convinces blinds stubborn
kids of 5 with a tenure.
The only way to convince the opponents is to show something that can
convince an dishonest kid of 5, because those pretended adults use all
their mental capacities to find excuse not to believe in fact they usually
accept because of their competences...

Even if some experiments can raise question (Jed and Abd state many such),
many repeated arguments are totally aberrant for someone with scientific
culture. They switch off their scientific brain when saying that on LENR.

this is why they ask for a tea kettle. Me I call that a shoebox...
put on a table a shoebox with a device that clearly can convince a kid of
5, my mother and a 9/11 denialist, and you win.

everything that ask for a PhD, or some honesty, or some intelligence is
useless.