Yes. Apparently a solid piece of Be metal can be handled without risk, but
exposure to dust is extremely dangerous. I mentioned that I'd be tempted to cut
a piece of foil. With scissors, and I would not do this without a lot more
checking. Would it cut cleanly, if thin enough, or would it crush? There could
be a way to pull this off safely, with capture and proper disposal of any dust.
Do it under water? Waste disposal? So ... maybe. But that's not for now.

Some were talking about heating it. No. Way too risky without taking complex
precautions. I've read how it's handled commercially.

Sent from my iPhone