From: Eric Walker

*  why would any form of energy arbitration, in which a magnetic field is used
to drain off a little bit of the mass of a proton, not also apply to neutrons
and electrons?

For any energy to transfer, even spin energy - from a disturbed proton to
another nucleus (such as Ni), there must first be the energy priming event in
the protons – such as QCD color change in two repelling protons which have
split from a transient 2He nucleus (in which they were temporarily joined). In
short, this coupling follows “reversible fusion” … and as far as I know, this
limits the phenomenon to P+P reactions in a confined cavity.

The leap of faith is that “reversible fusion” is slightly energetic. There
could be reversible fusion with other nuclei but I doubt it, and am not aware
of this type of reaction relating to anything other than P+P.

But more to the general point of magnons - and magnetic coupling as the pathway
for dispersal of that spin energy - the proton has very significant NMR
sensitivity and other magnetic properties which are lost or diminished in
nuclei with neutrons.

Add a neutron to a proton, for instance (to get deuterium) - and the magnetic
sensitivity goes down by a factor of about 100.

Please do not assume that every detail of this hypothesis has a ready answer. I
was slightly prepared on this one, but that will not always be the case. It is
a work-in-progress.

Jones