> The Maimon theory ignores several facts.

I'm trying to gather as much feedback on Ron's theory as I can, so that I
can get his comments.  If you see anything, please mention it; I'll include
the objections in a followup blog post.

> He proposes that the energy applied to remove an electron from Pd can be
> used to lower the Coulomb barrier.

To my knowledge, he's not proposing a lowering of the Coulomb barrier.
 He's using the Auger process to efficiently convert energy from 20 keV
x-rays and ejected K-shell electrons to nearby deuterons.  The deuterons
then have 20 keV of energy, which is close to the optimal for the d+d
fusion cross section in a beam of deuterons, without any lowering of the
Coulomb barrier.  He is not proposing a process typical of "hot fusion,"
however -- the byproducts are relatively benign and largely involve heat,
x-rays and 4He.

I have written up a followup post [1], which discusses some difficulties
which were raised in a previous set of vortex-l threads.  Please take a
look at the post and mention any difficulties that go beyond what has
already been included there.

Eric

[1] http://rolling-balance.blogspot.com/2013/02/ron-maimons-theory-2.html