In my opinion, all LENR causation involves charge separation.

How does this charge separation happen in a micro-particle?

As background, for an alternating current, electrons will concentrate near
the outer part or “skin” of a conductor. For a steady unidirectional
current through a homogeneous conductor, the current distribution is
uniform over the cross section; that is, the current density is the same at
all points in the cross section. But with an alternating current, the
current is displaced more and more to the surface as the frequency
increases.

On a micro-particle, electrons vibrate at infrared frequencies.

All free electrons in this particle will migrate to the surface of the
particle and the bulk at the center of the particle will be left with a
maximum positive charge.

The interface between and directly at the surface of the particle will have
the most intense separation between positive and negative charges.

The protons that migrate into the micro-particle will concentrate just
under the surface of the particle.

In the balloon analogy, all the balloons will be drawn to the surface just
under the top of the particle’s bulk.
When fusion occurs, the nuclear products cannot get through the surface of
the particle without encountering a heavy electron layer which will reduce
the frequency of the gamma ray’s wave form.

Ken Shoulders has demonstrated the complete elimination of radioactivity in
high-level nuclear material. Whatever the mechanism may be, the
neutralization of LENR radioactive waste by EV technology will be a great
wonderment and blessing,

According to Ken Shoulders, "The NEV acts as an ultra-massive, negative ion
with high charge-to-mass ratio. This provides the function of a simple
nuclear accelerator." Radioactive isotopes are stabilized in this way.

In this micro-particle case, the NEVs is produced by infrared photons
combining with the heavy electrons on the surface of the micro-particle.

Due to the Pauli Exclusion Principle, these surface electrons bathed in
such high coherent fields on the surface of the micro-particle increase
their effective mass, thus becoming heavy electrons. These electrons react
directly with protons, deuterons, or tritons passing through the surface
patches reacting to an inverse beta decay process that results in
simultaneous collective production of one, two, or three neutrons,
respectively, and a neutrino.
Collectively produced neutrons are created ultra-cold; that is, they have
ultra-low momentum and extremely large quantum mechanical wavelengths and
absorption cross-sections compared to “typical” neutrons at thermal
energies.

These surface electrons are uniquely able to immediately convert almost any
locally produced or incident gamma radiation directly into infrared heat,
UV and x-ray energy, thus providing a form of built-in gamma shielding for
LENR nuclear reactions.

Cheers:   Axil