On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>  … these papers would relate to gamma ray “thermalization” how, Axil?****
>
> ** **
>
> Remember:****
>
> **1)    **A Josephson junction (JJ) is an effect of superconductor and of
> nano-layering to form the junction****
>
> **2)    **The highest temperature superconductor operates at minus ~150 C.
> ****
>
> **3)    **A Josephson junction requires lower temperature than the
> superconductor
>
>From the reference:

"A bosonic analog is the so called Bosonic Josephson junction (BJJ) where
two macroscopic populations of bosons are trapped in a double well
geometry."

Note the word "analog". This word means that the BJJ is not a Josephson
junction as found in a cold superconductor, it is an ANALOG that just
behaves like a Josephson junction.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1208.2349v1

Finite temperature effects in two-mode bosonic Josephson junctions

“We have pointed out that the thermal effects can increase the coherence
visibility and reduce the on-site number fluctuation when the interatomic
interaction is suitably tuned. We have explained the coherence thermal
enhancement by analyzing the coherence visibility of the thermally
populated excited states.”

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1208.2349v1

*Finite temperature effects in two-mode bosonic Josephson junctions*

“We have pointed out that the thermal effects can increase the coherence
visibility and reduce the on-site number fluctuation when the interatomic
interaction is suitably tuned. We have explained the coherence thermal
enhancement by analyzing the coherence visibility of the thermally
populated excited states.”

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEkQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftel.archives-ouvertes.fr%2Fdocs%2F00%2F63%2F21%2F51%2FPDF%2FPavlovic-G-2010.pdf&ei=ZKdhUaa1HeXM0wGBx4HoBA&usg=AFQjCNGH7SNuCCFy1haY_3OwssKZgu6vCQ&sig2=zBZVRVWV4v9L5hydiTgjEA

*Exciton-Polaritons in Low-Dimensional
Structures*

"Contrary to atoms, polaritons are quasiparticles of ultrasmall effective
mass: compared to atoms, their mass is typically eight orders of magnitude
smaller. Such a light mass leads to high temperatures at which polaritons
condense
in the Bose-Einstein sense."

****

> **4)    **If  the JJ should somehow manage to thermalize a gamma, which
> is technically impossible in classical physics due to conservation of
> momentum, it would still lose its superconductivity due to the many billion
> degree heat of the gamma

If you read the reference, the entanglement only lasts for a few
picoseconds. then it is immediately reestablished. This is ideal for a EMF
down conversion mechanism.

> ****
>
> **5)    **If the junction only works once, what value is it?

Each time it works, it is instantly reestablished for the next energy
transfer.

> ****
>
> **6)    **If by some convergence of six or seven miracles, the LENR
> experimenter stumbles on a design in which a)   LENR cold fusion occurs, *
> ***
>
> **b)    **Gamma radiation is released proportional to the excess energy
> but at a low proportion say 10% ****
>
> **c)    **The metal matrix acts as an extremely high temperature
> superconductor – 350 C.

The low mass of the polariton will enable condensation to temperatures up
to 2600k.

> ****
>
> **d)    **In addition, the superconductor is perfectly layered as a JJ,
> without gaps in coverage

Quantum tunneling happens between nano-pillars to keep the condenstate
going.

> ****
>
> **e)    **All gamma radiation (99.999%) is absorbed in the layers, so
> long as it remains superconductive****
>
> **f)     **And 10 watts of excess power is being produced by the cell ****
>
> **g)    **The experimenter still dies within the first minute of
> operation, since the enormous heat of a gamma ray is deposited in a
> nanometer layer, melting any metals or ceramics instantly - and destroying
> the JJ effect.

Is this what your dreams are made of?

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I cannot see any remote possibility that this suggestion – that an array
> of Josephson junctions is capable of thermalizing gammas, relates to
> reality – or to anything more than a dilettante’s exercise in futility. **
> **
>
> ** **
>
> Thermalization of gammas does not happen in LENR simply because it is
> unnecessary - there are almost no gamma rays in LENR to thermalize. Sure,
> there is a paper out there where a few hundred gammas are seen over several
> days of high excess heat operation – a few dozen per hour, but that is
> essentially NO GAMMAs. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Here is a useful round number to use for this kind of LENR cell: 1000 MeV
> / sec = 1.6 x 10^-10 watts. ****
>
> ** **
>
> If the gamma is 1 MeV and 10 watts of excess thermal power is coming from
> the cell and 10% of the energy is seen in gammas, then you should see
> 10,000,000,000 gammas per second, and not a few hundred per day. It is
> unimaginable that this kind of gamma output is easily thermalized.****
>
> ** **
>
> Once again, Axil –  repeat after me: there are NO GAMMAs in LENR to
> thermalize****
>
> ** **
>
> **Peter Hagelstein: "Lets take a step backwards. I apologize, but in
> order to make any sense of it we need to go back to experiment for a
> moment. So in the experiments, a huge amount of energy is seen, so much
> energy that it could not conceivably be of chemical origin. Plus, there's
> no chemistry that's observed going on in the experiments that has anything
> remotely to do with the observations of the power and total energy
> production. The second piece of it is that basically no energetic particle
> are observed commensurate with the energy. So there are no significant
> amount of neutrons, there's no fast electrons, there's no gamma rays.
> There's nothing you might expect if it were a more normal nuclear reaction
> process. The basic statement here is that — if it's real and if it's
> nuclear... the argument for it being nuclear is that there's 4He (helium-4)
> observed in experiments, roughly one 4He for every 24 MeV of energy that's
> created. So what you need in the way of a theoretical model, basically a
> new kind of mechanism that doesn't work like the old Rutherford reaction
> picture that nuclear physics is based on. So that's the basic problem that
> I've been working on for a great many years."

Peter Hagelstein has spent his whole life looking at this issue, How can
you be arrogant enough to say that it is not real.