It usually transpires that, if some treatment is natural ( unpatentable) or
inexpensive, it will never be investigated or established as factual within the
medical community.

I first caught on to this while reading thru Pub Med and Index Medica
documents.  It was suggested that polyunsaturated oils (linoleic) could reduce
MS attacks. The idea was given one small, deeply flawed ( later admitted) test.
 Meanwhile, interferon therapies were repeatedly tested and managed to produce
mere marginal results - leading to drug approval.  It appeared that they were
testing til they got an answer they liked.

Observing this changed me because I began to understand how profit driven
interest can distort science.  Money often determines what is 'true' and by
contrast, what is 'false' or at least non-credible to supposed experts.

By the way, there may be evidence that large doses of vitamin D might be as
effective as any of the highly expensive "ABC" drugs used in MS.  MS patients
can now take Tysabri but at least the drug company admits that the drug kills
some patients ! Oops.

  Sometimes life reminds me of a Woody Allen sketch in which a man is caught in
bed with another woman and persists in denial even as she puts her clothes back
on in front of his protesting wife.  After the woman leaves in haste, he starts
saying, "what woman?".  The wife gives up.