It is well that you bring up the subject of medical procedure (transfusions)
because this area is loaded with egregious examples of verifiable facts that
are ignored - often due to prejudice and moneyed interests.

My doctor marvels at my dramatic improvement in blood chemistry but denies that
is has to do with a low carb diet.  "They don't work"

Do a Google on "Vermox" and observe how a potentially dramatic treatment
against cancer was dropped without explanation.  You can read the background on
Pub Med, if you have access. They halted production before large scale human
tests were done and it was already on the shelf, used to combat intestinal
parasites especially in 3rd world countries. It was cheap..........

I can remember how the Japanese proved that simple extracts of seaweed can have
powerful effects against tumor growth - 30 years ago.  From time to time,
you'll see the subject pop up in the news - but nothing will ever be done with
it.

Got Mononucleosis?  Clinical studies show that huge doses of vitamin c can stop
it in 2-3 days.  I know because I've done this twice (swollen glands, low
fever, etc)  Give it time, we've only known this for a couple of decades!

Shall I go on?  (sounds like a rant, sorry)