Not at all, however, if you are accelerating at a rate away from the body
that the clock is falling towards, than you have a force being applied to
you both to create YOUR acceleration, and to cancel out the acceleration
towards that body.  Therefore the clock is accelerating towards the body at
the rate caused by gravity, and you are accelerating away from the object
at the rate caused by, well, your acceleration.

Also, the equivalence principle DOESN'T apply to two falling objects. It
specifically states that an object AT REST on the surface is experiencing
the same force as the force the object NOT at rest is experiencing. In your
thought experiment, the elevator and clock are CERTAINLY experiencing the
same force, however you are applying a greater force in the opposite
vector, yes?