YOU said falls down.  That assumes a mass and direction.  Your statement of
the experiment assumes a massive body being accelerated away from.  if we
are talking about in free space, then that is different.

However, dilation is based on velocity, not acceleration.  I'm PRETTY
positive on this one, and a cursory google search shows me not to have gone
nuts in this regards.