On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:12 PM, leaking pen <itsat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not at all, however, if you are accelerating at a rate away from the body
> that the clock is falling towards,

No offence to you, but I thought that misunderstanding this was impossible.
You are not accelerating away from a gravity source the clock is falling
towards.

These are 2 separate experiments related toEinstein's thought experiment
about either being in an elevator and being subjected to uniform
acceleration in free space (no gravity).
OR being in an elevator sitting on the ground.

You can't tell which test you are undergoing everything seems identical, So
I am adding a test, you drop a clock, the instant the clock on the
accelerating elevator is let go of it assume a constant relative velocity
to every other object in space that is confusingly termed an inertial
reference frame, it is no longer accelerated.  It can not be readily
justified to experience time dilation from acceleration it isn't undergoing.

So either the same happens in the elevator test on the planet in the
gravity field also (which would be very dramatic in a black holes time
dilation field) OR it doesn't and the equivalence principle falls over, at
least wounded.

As far as I am aware and can tell from looking, neither conclusion is
expected, but one must be true, or something even stranger that is also not
predicted a time dilation aura effecting objects around an accelerating
object.

The rest you wrote as far as I could tell did not relate to what I am
proposing.

John