No, the dilation due to acceleration is the change in velocity, from
everything I've read.

And, we already do this experiment in a way.  GPS satellites.  The
adjustment of time from their signal tells us which way they are going.
There is no adjustment given or needed for the constant acceleration they
are undergoing from the earth.