Bob, of course these concepts apply in general. However, unless these concepts
are applied in a way that explains the process, this statement is useless.

I find that the discussion frequently drifts from talking about reality to a
philosophical or poetic description of nature.  This is like asking a person
how to drive a car and being told all about special relativity and what would
happen if the car reach the speed of light. The concepts being explained might
be real but they have no relationship to the original question.

Ed Storms